Sunday, September 27, 2020

Oliver

He is beautiful! The doll arrived in August, and was wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap, in a plastic envelope. For a moment I  thought it was something else, not a doll. Usually dolls are sent in boxes. I am not complaining though, it was wrapped enough to not be damaged. But it was probably thrown around a lot. :)

This is the seller's picture. They managed to capture a very nice expression, I was immediately drawn in. 


When I opened the bubbles wrap, the baby boy seemed tired from his travels, or maybe from a long time sitting somewhere on someone's shelf. No original clothes, he was wearing only a lovely handmade cotton shirt. The body and hair looked perfect, just a little dusty. He has lovely eyes.





The baby boy was fascinated by the foxes on the towel. 


There were more foxes in the room.


And he was very curious, who are they?


From examining him, it showed that he needed restringing.  I wanted him to be well. That pushed me to try my first restringing. I posted about it in a previous post.


Today I wanted to take pictures with a fall theme in the fox outfit I made long ago. While I was deciding who will wear it today, I just chose the new baby boy. Later, it occurred to me that he had wanted to look like those beautiful foxes on the towel, so it worked out. 

While we were walking in the park, I was thinking about a name for him, and I said Oliver.  














 It was a lovely afternoon walk. A lot of pretending to be a fox.



We also saw two goats, Lulu and Patches. The goats are working in the Van Cortlandt Park Museum this summer, eating poison ivy and other vegetation.








It is still very green in the park, but some leaves are starting to change their colors. Fall is on its way. Happy Autumn to all!



 





















2 comments: