Sunday, November 29, 2020

Big Project

For the last few months, I have been very busy with a big project. My son turned thirty this year, and I had the idea of making him The Great American Aran Afghan with thirty different squares in it. I started a bit late, at the end of July, and it was very intensive work. However, I was able to finish it right before his birthday. Here it is, my biggest ever knitting project!

                                       










Also my beautiful Zygocactus (the Thanksgiving type) bloomed in October, a month early. It was very pretty.



A few days ago, I realized that I haven't posted on the blog or knitted anything for my dolls for quite a while. I've missed it a lot! At the end of the summer, I changed my dolls into fall outfits for the season and I realized that I definitely have to start knitting or sewing for them more often. :)



It seems they have their fun doll life anyway and have something to talk about.  :)





 Also our cat, Prudence checks on them frequently. She even got cozy once and slept there half of the day!  


She was so quiet. I was working on the computer and even didn't realize that she was there for a few hours.
The babies look almost concerned and at the same time, wondering what this giant is doing here!

2 comments:

  1. The blanket you knitted for your son is beautiful. I love all the different designs in each panel.
    Well done on finishing it .i love your Prudence sleeping with the dolls! Our cat curled up on the Sasha’s sofa once and it was a perfect fit!
    It’s nice to get round to re dressing the dolls , but I always find a couple get missed !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) This blanket was the biggest, most intensive, and most complex project I've ever taken on. At the same time though, I enjoyed it, learned some new techniques, and improved some of my skills.

      Like everyone who loves and collect dolls I tend to buy new dolls again and again, so I think there will probably always be this situation where there's not enough clothes.:)

      Delete