Friday, February 5, 2021

Snow



We don't have snow every winter in NYC and some winters are pretty snowless, but we had a big snowfall this week. It was snowing all day on Monday and I was thinking of taking some pictures with my dolls when it calmed down a little. 

I should start knitting more for my dolls. Otherwise they'll complain that they don't have coats or warm sweaters, socks and mittens to go outside on snowy days!


I took some pictures when it started snowing. The view is from one of our windows on Monday.


A family having fun.


 Hoping to get out and play in the snow.



Thursday was a beautiful sunny day and it would be regrettable to miss it. There was no wind and it was relatively warm. Walking in the park was more difficult as not every path was cleaned from snow yet. So we burned a few more calories walking than usual. Nevertheless, the weather was good so we enjoyed every minute of our time outside.  



The snow was already melting a little. We was wondering if it would be possible to make a snowman.


Thomas is wearing a coat and a scarf that we received as a Christmas gift in a Secret Santa swap. Beautifully made by Julia! The hat I improvised by cutting off part of a person-sized sock.


Thomas had a little helper, Kate. She happened to have a winter outfit (similar to one I would wear in my childhood) suitable for the weather. So she kept Thomas company. 

She has her very own sled and a puppy as well. I knitted her coat, hat, boots, scarf, and mittens. I also sewed the tights that she's wearing from a stretchy white sock!


It all worked out well and we made two snowmen.




I wish you could see more clearly that both snowman have a little curly hair. :)  










My assistant, Yuliya.



We transported our snowmen to a safer place away from the sun.



While transporting, I almost killed the little snowman. But I fixed it. :)


 Tired and happy we went home, dreaming of hot tea or chocolate. :)





 






















4 comments:

  1. What beautiful snow, just perfect for making snowmen.
    Thomas and sweet little Kate made such great snowmen and it was good you moved them into the shade, even if one nearly died 😉
    You are lucky to have such fine snow, we are still waiting here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is snowing again today. :) It is really pretty outside. The park looks like a wonderland from the window.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is a winter wonderland for sure! It looks wonderful, but have to confess as to being glad it doesn't snow like that here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love snow! There was always a lot of snow in my childhood. We used to ski and sled almost every day during the winter.
      Here in NY some winters are snowless, not this year though! It snowed again a few days ago, more cleaning for everyone. :)
      Also, I spotted a pussy willow on a tree outside today. That means spring is coming. :)

      Delete