Saturday, January 16, 2016

A purple drop down waist holiday dress



I knitted the dress from some scrap yarn that I bought at a knitting club yarn auction about two years ago. The color was very pretty and the yarn soft (Bouton d'Or Angora 70). I wasn't sure if there was enough to make anything. It was only 25 g of yarn. I was thinking of a blouse for a doll, but it appears that I had enough for a dress.

The dress is knitted from the top down. I decreased a few stitches to emphasize the waist line. After the drop in stitches at the waist line I doubled the stitches once. I did not have yarn to make the dress longer, but I did not want to do it anyway. I like this length. 

So Ivanka received her new holiday dress. And I love it very much. 

















2 comments:

  1. Oh I really love this! Everything about is great. Very stylish and suits her really well.

    ReplyDelete