Saturday, January 16, 2016

Winter Outfit for Sophie



This outfit was created by mistake. I started to knit a Swedish Bohus Pullover (Sasha Dolls Clothing and Patterns book), but soon I realized that my yarn doesn’t fit this pattern, it’s too thick. But I liked how the two yarns blended together and I decided to proceed and see what happened. I ended up with this outfit.  It was totally improvised . The back became the front. The sleeves are 3/4 length because I was afraid to run out of white yarn. 

I used a Cascade 220 Superwash (910 A) and Playmouth Monte Donegal (5866 Flame) yarn.


Also, I think this bag that I bought a year or two ago in AC MOOR looks nice with this outfit.
Sophie wears a pair of Boneka shoes.





For the skirt I cast on 48 sts. I started the skirt with 1 purl and 1 knit, then gradually increased the purl stitches. It can be worn on either side. The skirt has two buttons on the side and I put elastic in the waist area since the softness of the yarn caused the skirt to keep shifting around. Now it stays perfectly. 





I can't say that I am satisfied 100%. But I like how it looks.




4 comments:

  1. Love how it came out. Certainly world well and she looks great in her new outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't understand why you are not fully satisfied? It looks great.

    I do love longer arms, but this is such a nice colour combination, material and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! It is not that I don't like it.
    There are just a few minor things I would do differently if I planned this outfit. I love the color combination too, and it was the main reason I did not unravel it when I saw that the gauge did not work the way it was supposed to.

    ReplyDelete