Saturday, January 16, 2016

Secret Santa Swap Polar Bear Outfit



I was participating in a Secret Santa Swap for the first time this Christmas and I was very excited about it.
http://sewingforsasha.blogspot.com/p/secret-santa-swap-2015.html

For a few days I thought about what I should knit and came up with the idea of a polar bear on the front of a sweater, looking up or sniffing snowflakes.

I was searching for a chart for the polar bear but could not find the right one. Finally, I decided to use the chart from the "Gift Knits" book by Chris Ranking. My son helped me to decrease the chart to the size I wanted.

I used ZARA merino extrafine yarn for this project.


I like when sweaters for dolls have buttons that makes it easier to take them on and off. 
For the socks I used a pattern from Sasha Doll Clothing and Patterns by Ann Louise Chandler and Susanna E. 




Anthony modeling the polar bear sweater.



The gifts that I sent to Dollmum (x)









2 comments: